List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] was: KSharedFile
From:       Ingo Assenmacher <mlists () cognitivemicrosystems ! net>
Date:       2001-12-13 11:22:27

Hi!

Am Donnerstag, 13. Dezember 2001 11:38 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> What's important about a server is that it talks some kind of
> well-defined protocol. If a database is used to actually store the
> data, is an implementation detail.

I agree. Although implementing a standard serves two purposes:
* use a solution that has been thought about by many people
* open access to other applications

Using a solution with a dbase might not take these things into account, as a
result the usage will be closed to the same clients and might be unstable.
If there is a standard, and I assume there is ;) I think that implementing
that will be most valuable.

> > Maybe there is somebody out there who has more experience on terms
> > here?
>
> The relevant standards can be found at
> http://www.imc.org/ietf-calendar/index.html. There is also a nice
> overview document: http://www.imc.org/draft-ietf-calsch-inetcal-guide.

Thank you very much, I will dig into this over christmas.

Regards, Ingo.