List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Proposal: KSharedFile
From:       Ingo Assenmacher <ingo.assenmacher () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       2001-12-11 19:08:39

Am Dienstag, 11. Dezember 2001 18:03 schrieb Cornelius Schumacher:
> On Tuesday 11 December 2001 08:21, Nick Papadonis wrote:

> Don't forget that the flat file storage is already implemented.
> KSharedFile is just a simple additional class to add some support for
> concurrent access as it is required for our syncing stuff. We are
> talking about something like 100 lines of code, most of them already
> existing somewhere else.
>
> To introduce a database would add much more complexity, more code and
> would require a lot more work.

Right, but it is not the same goal we have here. Using a database would be
useful for inter-host exchange (and more general than using NFS as that might
not be available for any setup) and more. I have come up with that view in
the last days, so my original aim may have been a bit different.

Reagrds, Ingo.