List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] KPilot and addressbook
From:       Friedrich Schunn <schunn () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       2001-10-17 11:20:26

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 01:50, David Bishop wrote:

> On Tuesday 16 October 2001 02:54 pm, Adriaan de Groot wrote:
> > On Tuesday 16 October 2001 05:09 pm, David Bishop wrote:
> > > Okay, I just went to kpilot to see what the main interface looks
> > > like, and discovered that you can view memos and addresses
> > > *within kpilot*! That
> >
> > Yeah! That's something that has been in there forever, and I'd like
> > to expand it a little with a real generic PDB viewer and perhaps
> > something expense-ish. Simple viewer apps can easily be swallowed
> > into KPilot.
>
> Sounds very nice.  I look forward to much designer'ing :-)

Short note to Memo/Addresses Viewer/Editor and categories:

In one of the README files that come with "jpilot" (v.0.99); RPM from
SuSE-7.2; the autor reports some problems with regard to handling
categories (e.g. defining new categories on the PC).  So (at least in
that version of jpilot) the possibility to do a full edit of categories
with "jpilot" is not provided (with that version no new categories can
be defined on the PC - only on the PDA).  In his opinion there might be
an error at the Palm?? itself - at least so much I understood from
reading that Readme file.

As Palm / PDA user it would be no problem for me to define categories
only on the Palm, back them up, and then use them for new addresses or
memo entries.  But the last item (assigning new entries to a spedific
category) I do consider necessary.  With regard to possible problems
the just described state could be a first step toward future
implementations.  What do the designers think of that??

Friedrich