List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Little re-write of ical2vcal
From:       Mike Heins <mheins () redhat ! com>
Date:       2001-10-13 15:15:11

Quoting Preston Brown (pbrown@brown-house.net):
> On Friday 12 October 2001 11:46 pm, Mike Heins wrote:
>
> > I don't know whether work has gone on with this program, but I had some
> > needs, found it in KDE 2.x, and re-wrote it a bit. Of course I am
> > offering the mods back to the project.
>
> Ah, Mike, so you finally took my little turd and improved it.  This is when
> Open Source really does show how well things can work.
>
> I haven't done any real programming on KOrganizer in about a year and a half,
> when I handed it over to Cornelius, and look how well it is doing.

Now that I am on the list and have scanned the archives a bit, I note
there is a move toward direct import from the Palm for Korganizer
itself, but I am shamelessly using it for other purposes. I may end up
doing a direct PDB->RFC2445 importer, if I can't find something
suitable, but your little thing was the quickest route to that I found
in an hour's research.

It think it impressed people when I was asked to have a
Palm->Interchange hot-sync and it was accomplished in less than 24
hours. I have been in companies where you would spend more than that
amount of time just deciding when to have a meeting to talk about a
three-month project to do the same type of thing. 8-)

I thank you, and all of the other authors. Open Source rocks!

phone +1.513.523.7621      <mheins@redhat.com>

Being against torture ought to be sort of a bipartisan thing.
-- Karl Lehenbauer