List:       kde-panel-devel
Subject:    Minutes Monday Plasma Meeting
From:       Sebastian =?UTF-8?Q?K=C3=BCgler?= <sebas () kde ! org>
Date:       2017-06-19 14:58:47

Salut,

Meeting minutes of today, attached!

Cheers,
--
sebas

    http://vizZzion.org   ⦿    http://www.kde.org

Plasma Weekly Meeting 19-7-2017

Present: Sho, mart, d_ed, kbroulik

Sho:
* I'm currently focused on fixing various 5.10 regressions
  which will probably take another few days this week before I can return to better \
                things
* [TM] Fixed drag hover activation of tasks inside group popup dialogs
* [TM] Fixed group popup dialog contents not refreshing when switching between group \
                parents via drag hover
* [TM] Fixed group popup dialog scrollbar not always appearing when required
* [TM] Fixed accounting for scrollbar width when setting group popup dialog width
* [FV/KF5] Fixed MouseEventListener not emitting canceled on QEvent:Ungrab on Qt \
5.8+: Fixes rectangle selection not ending after moving a FV desktop widget with \
                press-and-hold, and potentially similar cases in FV and elsewhere
* [FV] Fixed clicking outside preview popup dialogs to dismiss them not being handled \
correctly as a result of refactorings, caused e.g. folders to inadvertently being \
opened in $file_manager and the item not being deselected next up is looking into all \
the kio_desktop breakage that makes icons lose positions on renames on the desktop \
etc

mart:
* [wayland] fix windows without decorationto be immediately without \
                (kwaylandintegration)
* Plasma::Dialog: make sure size is final after showEvent will allow dialog to have a \
more reliable custom positioning https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215 Diff 6215 "Make \
sure size is final after showEvent" [Needs Revision] \
                https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215
* refactoring notification positioning a bit for making them work better in wayland, \
should get rid of most of its fragile positioning logic, and its random fail of \
notifications wrongly positioned sometimes even on x11, don't animate anymore on the \
                client side as is quite wrong
* kwin: make notifications animated with morphingpopups
* had to revert 4690808e65 on kxmlgui
* qqc2-desktop-style now in workspace, so in next plasma release \o/
* kirigami 2.2 release
* in particular, i'm still on the dialog positioning on wayland for the notificstion \
applet: D6215 and D6216  Diff 6215 "Make sure size is final after showEvent" [Needs \
Revision] https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215  Diff 6216 "simplify positioning code" \
[Accepted] https://phabricator.kde.org/D6216

d_ed:
* I'm going to upload the hopefully final KWayalnd XDGV6 today
* I think that's been my main work. I also spent some time with these silly popups
* I've been improving the current plasma-tests, so it now loads every plasmoid and \
will fail if something fails to load

kbroulik:
* Been answering questions by VDG about their notification stuff (e.g. if certain \
things are possible at all technically before they start coming up with crazy ideas \
                ;)
* Plasma browser integration can now also control video players inside of iframes, \
                ie. embedded players should now also work
* Will probably do some overall bug triaging this week, perhaps some Dolphin stuff

sebas:
- KScreen: Back-and-forth with UTS Data arena, trying to figure out which parts of a \
                complex problem we can improve, if not fix
- Working on my kscreen OSD branch ( https://phabricator.kde.org/D3598 ), but want to \
                wait for https://phabricator.kde.org/D6215 since I've got positioning \
                problems
- want to move Plasma vision forward
- working on app deployment stories, esp which store features do we need for asset \
                reviews, gauging how we can get that implemented with the store folks
- bit of more or less random bug triaging, whatever escaped my filtering