List:       kde-optimize
Subject:    Re: turning off KDE malloc by default
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-09-20 17:15:38

On Monday 20 September 2004 17:40 CET Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  I repeated my measure-malloc-performance-in-real-world[*] benchmark with
> glibc-2.3.3-based SUSE 9.1 with and without the fast malloc in kdecore
> enabled, and I couldn't notice any difference. Therefore I'd like to
> change the default for --enable-fast-malloc to be --enable-fast-malloc=no
>[...]
>
>  Flames ... erm, I mean, comments?

Isn't the system's malloc() used even if KDE was compiled with
--enable-fast-malloc as long as the environment variable KDE_MALLOC is not
set to "1"?  At least that's what [1] suggests...

Cheers,
Malte

[1] http://kde.ground.cz/tiki-index.php?page=Environment%20Variables

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>