List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: Some new Sounds for KDE, better Quality
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! tu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-02-28 1:29:16

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:37:44AM +0100, Manuel F. wrote:

Hi,

> if moved up some new sounds you may find useful for replacing
> standard-kde sounds. There are also useful as event-sounds.

very nice!

> Please tell me (and others) what sounds else to do. In which situations
> should a certain sound appear and what kind of sound?

You may have a look at Preferences -> Look & Feel -> System Notifications,
which should show you a list of all notifications that could use a sound.
I.e. there are a few more window managing sounds and we are in need for
nice sounds for games. I'll compile a list of sounds/filenames
that make up a theme tomorrow and will post it here for discussion.

I've uploaded your sounds and a theme from Olivier Doaré to
master.kde.org/~pfeiffer/sounds/ (the CVS module will be available soon).

Best wishes,
Carsten Pfeiffer