List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: State of the Noatun
From:       Neil Stevens <multivac () fcmail ! com>
Date:       2000-12-01 23:27:00

On Friday 01 December 2000 12:28 pm, Charles Samuels wrote:
> On fredag 01 desember 2000, 03:14 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > This weekend I can hack in some Session Management for 2.1, with the
> > caveat that it will probably need to be re-thought for 2.2.  All that
> > is really needed, in my view, is Noatun to manage some cooperation
> > with the session manager, and re-start when saved in a session.  The
> > playlist's save state should make things good enough for 2.1.
>
> I just insist that the user interfaces shouldn't be changed for this

The most that should need to be done to the UI plugins is turning off SM
in the two KMainWindow-based ones.  The rest of the plugins shouldn't need
to be touched.

> mime is broken?  Other than mpeglib having the wrong mime-types, noatun
> does it's own stuff right.

So it was changed?  What do I have to re-install to get it working again?
I just compiled and installed Noatun, and suddenly I was no longer able to
play my vorbis files.  (Although, nicely enough, it didn't crash when it
was unable to do that.)

Given how utterly useless the recent noatun logs were, I have no idea
what's going on. :-)

> > to add a Close and Help button to the bottom of the Effects View, and
> > temporarily hide the ? buttons, and I'd say that effects are ready for
> > a release.
>
> I used whatsthis a lot in that dialog, and no documentation is availible
> for noatun as of now anyway.
>
> I think most of the arrow buttons don't work don't work in that window
> yet.

The arrows seemed to work here, but I haven't really tested it.  You seem
to be hinting that no Help button should be added... so I'll just add a
Close button for now, then.

--
Neil Stevens
multivac@fcmail.com

keyserver search.keyserver.net
Fingerprint 86EA ECD4 F258 FB1B D88F 9136 4F49 90F8 CD3E 5C1C