List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: State of the Noatun
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-12-02 0:20:11

On fredag 01 desember 2000, 03:27 pm, Neil Stevens wrote:
> On Friday 01 December 2000 12:28 pm, Charles Samuels wrote:
> > On fredag 01 desember 2000, 03:14 am, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > > This weekend I can hack in some Session Management for 2.1, with the
> > > caveat that it will probably need to be re-thought for 2.2.  All that
> > > is really needed, in my view, is Noatun to manage some cooperation
> > > with the session manager, and re-start when saved in a session.  The
> > > playlist's save state should make things good enough for 2.1.
> >
> > I just insist that the user interfaces shouldn't be changed for this
>
> The most that should need to be done to the UI plugins is turning off SM
> in the two KMainWindow-based ones.  The rest of the plugins shouldn't need
> to be touched.
>
> > mime is broken?  Other than mpeglib having the wrong mime-types, noatun
> > does it's own stuff right.
>
> So it was changed?  What do I have to re-install to get it working again?
> I just compiled and installed Noatun, and suddenly I was no longer able to
> play my vorbis files.  (Although, nicely enough, it didn't crash when it
> was unable to do that.)
[trying to play a vorbis]....
works fine :)  and I use 2.0 release

> Given how utterly useless the recent noatun logs were, I have no idea
> what's going on. :-)
oh. come on, you liked them as much as I did ;)

if my first post-vacation commit didn't do anything to break it, I don't know
what could.  Maybe it's magic?  My vorbis has extensions.  Try extensions
yourself sometime ;)

> > > to add a Close and Help button to the bottom of the Effects View, and
> > > temporarily hide the ? buttons, and I'd say that effects are ready for
> > > a release.
> >
> > I used whatsthis a lot in that dialog, and no documentation is availible
> > for noatun as of now anyway.
> >
> > I think most of the arrow buttons don't work don't work in that window
> > yet.
>
> The arrows seemed to work here, but I haven't really tested it.  You seem
> to be hinting that no Help button should be added... so I'll just add a
> Close button for now, then.

Oh, that dialog is waay broken ;)

But that qualifies as a bug fix, so, for now, I'll add features :)