List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: noatun and KDE 2.1
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-11-27 19:12:41

   Hi!

On Sat, Nov 25, 2000 at 06:15:45PM -0800, Charles Samuels wrote:
> there's code in engine to a produce a playobject, you select the playobject
> by taking the extention, comparing it to a trader, and grabbing it.  What I
> would do is take the mime-type from KDE, produce an extention from that, and
> then get the playobject from that extention.

Wouldn't it be better to take the mime-type from KDE, and give it to the
trader? I.e. the .mcopclass file for MP3PlayObject looks like this:

Interface=MP3PlayObject,Arts::PlayObject,Arts::SynthModule,Arts::Object
Author="Martin Vogt <mvogt@rhrk.uni-kl.de>"
URL="http://mpeglib.sourceforge.net"
Extension=mp3,mp1,mp2
MimeType=audio/x-mp3,audio/x-mp1,audio/x-mp2
Library=libarts_mpeglib.la

So it should be possible to query for "MimeType" directly. If there are
entries missing in the .mcopclass files, we'd better add them there than
going the hackish way to produce a suitable extension in noatun.

   Cu... Stefan