List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Fwd: Arts/Esound Compatibility!
From:       Stefan Schimanski <1Stein () gmx ! de>
Date:       2000-11-28 8:41:46

Subject: Arts/Esound Compatibility!
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 03:14:19 -0500
From: NightFlight <nf@ecwh.dhs.org>
To: kde-devel@max.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de

Forward from SlashDot:
We really need esound + arts integration
by Dietmar Schnabel on Saturday November 04, @05:58AM

What we really need is a esound compatibility for arts (or the other way
around it, it does not matter for me)

There are many nice games or programs like xmms which have to fight with arts
to support sound on kde2. But there is already esound which provides one
standard. Either gnome or kde people have to take care to integrate both
together. The first environment providing integration will have better
chances to be the environment of choice for at least me in future.. I am
currently switching between both environments and like them both very much!!

Personal Note:

It's what the opensource/free software movement is all about folks.  Take
advantage of it while it lasts....

On the other hand, does Arts already handle this? ;-)  Am I simply
uninformed? One must allow for this situation, the free source movement being
what it is....fast... Tee Hee.

--
If Helen Keller is alone in a forest and falls, does she make a sound?