List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: noatun and KDE 2.1
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2000-11-25 17:23:31

I've been thinking about this, and I've been hesitant in moving it to KDE 2.1
because noatun itself needs to maintain binary compatiblity with its own
plugins, which means I can't release it until I'm sure BC can be enforced,
and then break it at KDE3.  This is especially true if we want noatun to be a
"legitimate" media player like xmms, versus the cheap hack like... er, xmms :)

If we want it to be a legitimate media player, maybe working on arts and
mpeglib is more important, especially the mp3 player. (count the amount of
arts bugs for kaiman: http://bugs.kde.org/db/pa/lkaiman.html )

-Charles