List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: quick mcopclass search (Re: kaiman !?)
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-11-15 12:36:27

   Hi!

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 10:34:24PM +0100, Martin Vogt wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:12:43PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
> > On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 11:18:55AM +0100, Martin Vogt wrote:
> >
> > Maybe, but we can't really change what apps should do when KDE2.0 is the
> > reference version.
>
> Forget backward compatibility.
> Its a bug that it searches whole directory trees.
> I think: Don't try to workaround this bugs.
> Make a clean fix and forget KDE 2.0.

Okay, I've reconsidered everything, and it seems that a clean fix is probably
really the better option at this point in time. Both solutions are not really
what I would call "the perfect solution". But  we have to do something in
any case, doing nothing at all is much worse (considering that it currently
breaks completely on some distributions).

I'll post a patch on kde-core-devel for review, and I hope to have the fixes
committed in both branches ASAP, if nobody will bring up any serious
objections in the review phase.

   Cu... Stefan