List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: quick mcopclass search (Re: kaiman !?)
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-11-13 21:34:24

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000 at 08:12:43PM +0100, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!
>
> On Sat, Nov 11, 2000 at 11:18:55AM +0100, Martin Vogt wrote:
>
> Maybe, but we can't really change what apps should do when KDE2.0 is the
> reference version.

Forget backward compatibility.
Its a bug that it searches whole directory trees.
I think: Don't try to workaround this bugs.
Make a clean fix and forget KDE 2.0.
Ok, maybe that a few application then will not work
with KDE2.0.
I don't care. For now there arent any applications available
for artsd so there is really no need to make a workaround.
Its better to make this "hard" bugfix now, than the alternative
that KDE 2.x application rely on that the workaround exists.

It seems that we have to change some sourcecode as well,
its better to do this now.

Martin