List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: fullscreen video
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       2000-08-27 18:26:05

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 08:11:35PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:

Hi,

> Have you ever tried to decode asf files? Is there any chance to get this
> working? I looked for the specs some time ago, but only found them for an asf
> version that is never used in reality. The used version has completely
> different GUIDs. asf files with mpeg 4 video is the last format that lets me
> keep a Window partition on my disk.

maybe check the Heise Newsticker archive (www.heise.de/newsticker), I
recall someone implementing a multimedia program with asf support
(completely implemented oh his own) and getting sued for patent
infringement ;(

Authors should be told not to use asf :-/

Cheers,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/