List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: fullscreen video
From:       Martin Vogt <mvogt () rhrk ! uni-kl ! de>
Date:       2000-08-27 18:51:19

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 08:11:35PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> Am Sun, 27 Aug 2000 schrieb Martin Vogt:
> > On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 02:44:55PM +0200, Stefan Schimanski wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I just tried the amazing divx plugin. Is there any way to switch a
> > > mpeglib video window into fullscreen mode at the moment?
> >
> > Not with playobjects/arts.
> > But if you have XFree4.0 start yaf-divx as root and press the right
> > mouse button in the window.
> > Tested with nvidia TNT cards (works) Matrox Mystique (works not)
>
> it uses the whole screen but the video keeps unscaled and centered :-(
Then try first a left click and then a right click.
But you need to have usefull modlines in your xf86config
anyway!!
He uses the best fitting modline from XF86Config.
Its really a pain to add them.

> Nevertheless the divx codec looks great!
> Have you ever tried to decode asf files? Is there any chance to get this
> working? I looked for the specs some time ago, but only found them for an asf
> version that is never used in reality. The used version has completely
> different GUIDs. asf files with mpeg 4 video is the last format that lets me
> keep a Window partition on my disk.

Well, then you will need this windows partition forever.

>Microsoft patents ASF media file format, stops reverse engineering
more here:

http://www.advogato.org/article/101.html

Martin