List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: brahms and artsbuilder in the CVS
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       2000-05-31 16:08:54

Stefan Westerfeld wrote:

>    Hi!

Hello,

> I've just imported more nice stuff:
>
> ===>  artsbuilder (which lives in kdemultimedia/arts/builder)

Cool, thanks Stefan !

> ===>  Brahms (which lives in kmusic/brahms for now)
>
> Brahms is a fully fledged sequencer, similar to CuBase or AudioLogic. If
> KDE2.0 is to adress musicians, then this is the way to go. Under KDE1.x,
> the same code could already be used for making music, with some minor tweaks.
>
> I hope that now that it is in the CVS, it will improve more rapidly, as
> everybody can start improving things.

I haven't seen it to advance too much in the last months, so I hope it's
does better in CVS :-)

> starts. There are strange display problems right now. I hope, that we'll
> be able to do the following things in the next time
>
>  - make Brahms usable under KDE2.0
>

>  - aRts/Brahms midi integration, especially midi I/O via aRts, virtual
>    instruments, etc.

I'm having (even) less time each day, so I doubt I will be able to help with
this (at least, until October)

>  - audio tracks via aRts, with effects and stuff for Brahms

Think that we're preparing for KDE 2.0, we should be putting all our
resources on arts (and artsbuilder), trying to complete missing important
features, and fixing bugs.

>  - maybe Brahms should also use stuff from kdelibs for midi? currently it
>    contains an (old) copy of Antonios midi libs - how will
>    aRts/Brahms/libkmid stuff work?

For now, you can just delete the midi lib copy in Brahms, and link it with
libkmid (and perhaps also changing some headers to
#include <libkmid/whatever.h> :) )

> Jan Wuerther the author of Brahms has got a CVS account, now, so he can work

Cool, he's also in this list, isn't it ? Jan ?

Greetings,

--
Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
Student of Mathematics