Stefan Westerfeld wrote: > > Hi! > Hello, > I've just imported more nice stuff: > > ===> artsbuilder (which lives in kdemultimedia/arts/builder) > Cool, thanks Stefan ! > ===> Brahms (which lives in kmusic/brahms for now) > > Brahms is a fully fledged sequencer, similar to CuBase or AudioLogic. If > KDE2.0 is to adress musicians, then this is the way to go. Under KDE1.x, > the same code could already be used for making music, with some minor tweaks. > > I hope that now that it is in the CVS, it will improve more rapidly, as > everybody can start improving things. > I haven't seen it to advance too much in the last months, so I hope it's does better in CVS :-) > Status: the code is ported to KDE2.0, to the degree that it compiles and > starts. There are strange display problems right now. I hope, that we'll > be able to do the following things in the next time > > - make Brahms usable under KDE2.0 > > - aRts/Brahms midi integration, especially midi I/O via aRts, virtual > instruments, etc. I'm having (even) less time each day, so I doubt I will be able to help with this (at least, until October) > > - audio tracks via aRts, with effects and stuff for Brahms > Think that we're preparing for KDE 2.0, we should be putting all our resources on arts (and artsbuilder), trying to complete missing important features, and fixing bugs. > - maybe Brahms should also use stuff from kdelibs for midi? currently it > contains an (old) copy of Antonios midi libs - how will > aRts/Brahms/libkmid stuff work? For now, you can just delete the midi lib copy in Brahms, and link it with libkmid (and perhaps also changing some headers to #include :) ) > > Jan Wuerther the author of Brahms has got a CVS account, now, so he can work Cool, he's also in this list, isn't it ? Jan ? Greetings, -- Antonio Larrosa Jimenez Student of Mathematics antlarr@arrakis.es larrosa@kde.org http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa KDE - The development framework of the future, today. _______________________________________________ Kde-multimedia mailing list Kde-multimedia@master.kde.org http://master.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-multimedia