List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: libkmid and kdecore
From:       Stefan Westerfeld <stefan () space ! twc ! de>
Date:       2000-04-01 15:12:00

   Hi!

On Sat, Apr 01, 2000 at 12:48:01AM +0200, Antonio Larrosa wrote:
> As you may know, I'm now doing a KControl module to configure
> the midi device to be used by libkmid. The problem is that libkmid
> should read the config file ( ~/.kde/share/config/kcmmidirc ) and
> it needs to link to kdecore for that.
>
> I suppose that I'll finally do that, but just wanted to know first
> how aRts reads the configuration without having to link to kdecore,
> Stefan ? Did you implement some functions to read a KConfig file ?
> or do you write it in an "special format" ?

Well, I do two things:

- there is a $HOME/.mcoprc which contains settings in Name=value format,
  thus it can be written with KConfig, and read with an own class
  (MCOPConfig)

- some options are passed via command line to artsd, it is started by a
  KConfig module

Maybe someone should port the KDE paths class to a plain C++ implementation
(the configuration files are easy to read, but its a bit hard to locate
them using the KDE paths scheme).

   Cu... Stefan