List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Qt based note editor
From:       Joerg Anders <J.Anders () Informatik ! TU-Chemnitz ! DE>
Date:       2000-03-01 9:19:20

Hi!

This is my first mail in this mailing list. I send
a mail already postet to kde-devel@kde.org:

A Qt based note editor on Linux (GPL, very beta) is ready:

http://rnvs.informatik.tu-chemnitz.de/~ja/noteedit/noteedit.html

Because it is a Qt program I plan to transform it into a KDE
application (if ther is enough interest).

Properties
==========

   * insertion/deletion/modification of notes, rests, dotted notes, slured
     notes, clefs, time signatures, key signatures on different staffs;
   * building accords;
   * playing on /dev/sequencer (if correctly configured) whereby:
        o giving each staff a different voice;
        o giving each staff a different channel;
        o highlighting the played notes;
        o setting midi tempo;
   * saving an restoring the files. The file format is similarily to the
     format of the music publication program (MUP):
	http://www.arkkra.com
     So you if you are a MUP user you have the possibility to convert
     the files into Midi and Postscript.

Planned
=======

*More edit features: copy, past, block delete, undo, ...
*More music elements: beams, tuplets, repeat, ...
*export MusicTex
*export Midi
*import Midi

Conditiones
===========

The program is tested on S.u.S.E. Linux 6.2, Qt-1.44-62, and soundcard
AWE-64. I used egcs-2.91.66 . I tried to program machine independend. But
there is an "#include /usr/src/linux/include/linux/soundcard.h" which can
cause a lot of soundcard depencies. (???)) To tell the truth: Actually I
don't know how to control the /dev/sequencer device. I adopted some code
from other programs. So I can't guaranty the sound works on all soundcards.

I already got a hint from Antonio Larrosa <antlarr@arrakis.es> to avoid
this machine depency by using the kdelibs module.

--
J.Anders, Chemnitz, GERMANY (ja@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de)