List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    kaudioserver
From:       Christian Esken <c.esken () cityweb ! de>
Date:       1999-09-13 20:23:10

Cristian Tibirna wrote:
> P.S. If somebody can point me to some documents speaking about the
future > plans of the KDE multimedia team, I'd be more than grateful :-)

This is very much undecided. I am repeatedly telling that my time is
limited and that I have severe problems with the buffering code in
the new audio server (data properly propagates through the buffers, but
with fast streams it doesn't arrive in time => very hard to debug).

The advancements in the audio server has now stalled - which makes me
very unhappy. I want to repeat here in the public, that any help is
appreciated. And if somebody wants to take over the lead with the KDE
audio/media server development, he is very much invited - please note
that I am open to ANY solution that serves KDE well.

  Christian

--
Is Unix ready for the desktop? See http://www.kde.org

The                              Christian Esken
|/  Desktop                      KDE Developer
|\  Environment                  esken@kde.org

KDE - The net transparent free Unix Desktop for everyon