List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: MPlayerthumbs
From:       Marco Gulino <marco.gulino () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-04-20 9:27:36

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

(anybody alive? :P)
I've just committed some changes in mplayerthumbs, so it can use phonon as
backend snapshot source.
To make it work i also needed to commit some changes in xine backend (rev.
956547) and i'll need to make the snapshot() method public in
videowidgetinterface.h, and fill some TODO in other engines (the snapshot()
method will need to be implemented). On no answers i'll probably commit it
in the next days.

The mplayer engine is still available, it could be both enabled at runtime,
or be disabled (as deprecated) at compile time, and enabled if requested
(it's still useful, as on 64bit systems it allows to use mplayer 32bit
binary with win32 codecs).

How about exiting kdereview and start introducing the video thumbnailer in
kdemultimedia?
Also, suggestions about the config interface? remove it, add the engine
selection to it, making a kcm module?

Thanks
Marco