List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    A quick recap of my experiences with Xine
From:       Charles Samuels <charles () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-06-27 6:19:16

Ewald:
> I have uploaded a new version of the xine aRts plugin which should
> work with KDE 3.0 (final). You can download it from the following
> URL.

Me:
> I'de prefer if it actually worked first....

Neil:
> So what's cvs for, if not for development?  Are we already in a 3.1 feature
> freeze?

Me:
> Some people have to use this software, and we can't if it doesn't work, and
> secondly, Ewald (nothing personal here) doesn't seem very commited to fixing
> my reported bugs.

Neil:
> He fixed my bugs.  He's released many betas, each fixing problems reported
> by people.

Me:
> It seems that he's flat out ignoring my reports.

Ewald:
> Sorry for ignoring your reports, it was not on purpose.

Me: (many weeks later)
> Xine still not working

... and... nothing.  No patches, no questions from Ewald, no changes.

If -I- can't use video in Noatun, then I can't fscking develop my own app.

-Charles

--
Charles Samuels <charles@kde.org>
### <charles@altair.dhs.org> is obsolete, please update your addressbook.