List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    RE: Use of the VideoPlayObject for thumbnails
From:       Simon MacMullen <simon.macmullen () aspectgroup ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-06-10 10:47:17

Ewald:
> I have committed some code to CVS, but it's not very
> efficient and it probably contains some bugs.

That's great.

> You can paste the following code in SimpleUI::slotEject()

Well, I was going to paste it in the thumbnail generator, but thanks for the
example code.

> The x11Snapshot() function will return the next image that becomes
> available for display. This should be the first image after
> seeking has completed (it should stall for a few ms).

Great!

By the way, I notice that we already have video previews! Switch "Sound
files" on, mouse over a video, and you get the audio track.

It occurs to me we could call this "play multimedia on mouseover", create a
KVideoWidget over the icon when it starts playing, and have animated movie
icons! How cool would that be?

Cheers, Simon