List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: ANN: dub playlist
From:       Ismael Orenstein <ismore () ieg ! com ! br>
Date:       2001-12-19 20:05:25

On Wednesday 19 December 2001 14:51, Eray Ozkural \(exa\) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you cvs-up your beloved noatun-plugins dir you'll find a new playlist
> plugin called Dub.
>
> What is Dub? It's a filesystem based playlist, very simple minded. You'll
> see what I mean when you run it.
>
> It's pretty much in development, so there are bugs. Testing and reporting
> are appreciated, as well as ideas.
>
> Where does the name come from? Dub is the name given to automated music mix
> that plays continuously in the background from a vast digital library, in
> the novel Neuromancer.
>
> I'm copying the design document for dub verbatim which includes a small
> roadmap.
>
> As you will see dub has only part of the features planned for 1.0 now, but
> alas, there is no such thing as perfect code ;)

Hey there!

I was looking for a Filesystem based playlist for Noatun for a long time...
it was starting to take a very long time to create a new playlist in Tron and
add all my mp3 again whenever I play around with audiogalaxy or rip another
of my cds. (I even sent some patches to Tron to make this task easier)

However, I couldn't compile your plugin yet, as it complains that I don't
have the noatun/playlist.h file. I haven't taken the time to see which file
is it, but it probably means that you are using Noatun's HEAD source code,
right? I'm currently under KDE 2.2.2 here, and don't want to change to KDE
3.0 pre yet.

Do you know if your code uses any KDE 3/Noatun HEAD specific stuff? If that's
not the case, I'll try to make it work with KDE 2.2.2 and send to you what I
changed.

If you think it's not a good idea to try to backport it, I'll see if I can
install KDE 3pre here... it is always good to live in the bleeding edge... :)

[]'s

--
Ismael Orenstein (UIN 1293061)
ismore@ieg.com.br