List:       kde-multimedia
Subject:    Re: [noatun] New Noatun plugin - lyrics
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-09-11 2:54:53

On Monday September 10, 2001 07:22, Ismael Orenstein wrote:
> On Monday 10 September 2001 16:13, Neil Stevens wrote:
> > For examples of how to make a Noatun plugin compile outside of the
> > Noatun source tree (for easier packaging), take a look in
> > kdeaddons/noatun-plugins, and in kdesdk for example apps.
>
> Thanks, I'll take a look at it.
> BTW, I was thinking about importing this plugin to the KDE CVS... can I
> do it? Where should it go?

Well, it'd probably go in kdeaddons/noatun-plugins, but you'd need to get
an account, so that you can maintain it.  Given all that you've submitted
lately, I hope that won't be a problem for you.

> Yeah, I didn't know that it was the default... this solves the
> problem... :) Although I personally think that having a nice [Artist] -
> Song name for the songs is a good thing... But IMO this should be
> provided by Noatun, not a plugin (ie, one of Noatun's configuration
> options should be this name string and the User interfaces/Playlist
> could call item->formattedTitle() to get a nice, standard, title,
> without messing up with the internal properties of the song)

The tag loaders predate Tron, that's why they had the default they had=
When SPL was the only option, the only way tag information could be
displayed was in the song title.  Now, though, we have two playlists (Tron
and Liszt) that display tag information in a more organized way.  So, I
changed the default to Title, from [Artist] - Title.

One could always make a UI that understands tag info, in the same way Tron
does.  In fact, feel free to submit a patch that puts tag info into the
Excellent status bar. :-)

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.