List:       kde-mac
Subject:    Re: [KDE/Mac] Fixing graphics problems in KDE/Qt on Apple OS X
From:       Ian Wadham <iandw.au () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-29 1:36:26

Hi Nicolas,

On 28/04/2014, at 10:15 AM, Ian Wadham wrote:
> On 28/04/2014, at 1:49 AM, Nicolas Pavillon wrote:
>> In light of this, Ian, if you find a place where it would be possible to=
 patch kdelibs4 to get it done, it would be probably far simpler.
>> And even if it is not possible to push it upstream, we could keep the pa=
tch downstream for Mac-specific applications. Kdelibs4 is
>> already patched at several places already. Not the best solution in prin=
ciple, but apparently the simplest in practice. =

> =

> I will start looking for the place.  At the least, I can fix all KDE Game=
s that way
> and they are the most sensitive to Qt's native graphics implementation fo=
r Mac.

Found it !!! =85 :-)  The patch will be just one executable line,
        QApplication::setGraphicsSystem("raster");
with a few lines of explanation and Q_OS_MAC conditional.
That fix will force *all* KDE apps to use Raster.

It can go in kdeui/kernel/kapplication.cpp in the procedure called
void KApplicationPrivate::preqapplicationhack().  Evidently, KDE already
has some things to do just before the QApplication object starts up.

I am working on how to build a non-MacPorts version of kdelibs in my
development area, so that I can test this patch properly.  It will be a
few days before I can send you the finished code.

Cheers, Ian W.