List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: K start menu icon ideas
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-07-28 5:50:26

On July 28, 2001 09:02 am, Bart Szyszka wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've already said most of what I wanted to say about this on kde-usability,
> but an idea that just came to mind is what if just the K menu's icon was
> beveled. Past useability studies have shown that making an icon beveled
> makes it look more obvious that it's clickable. Kstart is just bad, but a
> good idea from Windows is that the Start menu has beveling.

this can, of course, already be done from Kicker Settings -> Look & Feel.
check "Enable Background Tiles" and only enable the tile for the KMenu and
voila the K Menu icon has a bevelled tile (or whatever tile you want,
really). i guess it is just a matter of wether this should be made the
default or not.

i think it might be a decent idea to have it on by default for the K menu...
it would make it both stand out from the rest of the panel as well as make it
look, as you point out, "clickable"

--
Aaron Seigo

--