List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: First Time Config Wizard (Re: K start menu icon ideas)
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-07-28 6:00:29

I came up with this on my own.  I bet MS spent millions in usability test to
come to the same conclusion.  Just because 'they' do it doesn't mean it's
inherently evil.  I think the way they did this will tend to get in the way
of 'power users'.  Having an unobtrusive icon on the desktop that launches a
'How Do I?' type of help application would be very useful for new users.
This can be deleted off the desktop by power users or when the new user no
longer needs it.  If enough people think my idea would be a good one, how do
we go about getting this implemented for the KDE 3.0 release?  Warning:  I'm
not a hacker.

Jim

--

 12:42am  up 4 days,  1:16,  3 users,  load average: 1.84, 0.92, 0.44