List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: kdesktop wait cursor
From:       Henry Stanaland <henryst () MIT ! EDU>
Date:       2001-05-09 21:33:19

I also was thinking that these animated icons wouldn't solve
the problem of opening apps from the menu...does anybody
have any ideas?  Just off the top of my head I'll throw some
out:

*Leave the menu open for a second while the icon jumps up
and down (or whatever) then close it.

*If you click on an application in the kmenu, perhaps the gear
behind the K could spin.
            -problem:  not specific enough if you open multiple
                               menu items simultaneously

Then again, I just realized I'm being kind of stupid because
there's much less ambiguity with the menu(since it's single
click).

Oh, yeah besides the "flashy" stuff being usefull, you must not
forget that flash is a good way to gain converts(as that is what
they first noticed)....but not too flashy that it's a distraction.

-Henry