List:       kde-look
Subject:    Fun with themes.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-03-15 13:35:29

Greetings all,

I'm being entertained in the off hours through work on a KDE 2 theme (my
first). At the moment, I'm nearing completion on the 22x22 action icons. My
goal is to use color as a visual cue and to present a more inviting and
friendly feel. I'm happy to say that I think my experiments are quite
successful, and (although I feel wierd saying this) I actually enjoy using
KDE more with the new aesthetic I'm helping create on my machine.

Anyway, take a look:

http://extranet.digitalspinner.com/theme2.png

Is there a good source for documentation on correctly setting up a KDE 2
theme? Is mosfet.org the best place? I want to experiment with title bar
manipulation and such. By the way, what happened to Mosfet? He used to update
his site frequently, and it has been stagnanting.

Who are the original designers of the KDE2 action icons? Is it Torsten alone
or are there others too? I want to credit them appropriately, because I'm
using them as a basis for these new icons and am only substantially changing
the color and masking style.

Sean.