List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Duplicated efforts and consistency (SDI/MDI in konq,
From:       Marc Mutz <Marc () Mutz ! com>
Date:       2001-03-13 12:17:12

On Tuesday 13 March 2001 02:09, Dave Leigh wrote:
<snip>
> FWIW, I happen to LIKE tabbed MDI. It and the little "word wrap indicator"
> at the end of a line (that is, the ability to display a file as wrapped
> without actually inserting linefeeds) are the two things about gedit that I
> prefer over kwrite.
<snip>
> Yep, as far as I'm concerned, tabbed MDI is the Goldilocks interface (just
> right).  This probably has something to do with the fact that my workflow
> is task-based, not document-based.

I do like the konsole tabs, too. But whenever I'm in kdevelop and want to
switch between code and docs, I find myself hitting ALT-TAB like mad only to
find that I have stepped _again_ into this trap. I then usually open the docs
in a separate konqueror window...

Marc

--
Marc Mutz <Marc@Mutz.com>