List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Klipper [ was Re: Icon improvements. ]
From:       Sergej Malinovski <sergej () nospam ! dk>
Date:       2001-03-11 19:58:36

Steven D'Aprano wrote:
> Um, I'm lost... how do I do that, and how will it help? Are you talking
> about *physically* swapping the keys?

No, not physically, of course :) Just switch the functions the keys execute.
How will this help? Well, as this is only a suggestion for the left little
finger, the finger is normally located at letter A. Caps Lock is right next
to it, but with Ctrl you have to reach down and left. Big differense if you
have large buttons like on Microsoft Natural keyboards. You could also make
both buttons act like Ctrl if you never use Caps Lock.

To swap add following to XF86Config in Section "InputDevice":
	Option "XkbOptions"	"ctrl:swapcaps"

How to replace Caps Lock with Ctrl I cannot remember, but somethings very
similar has to be applied. I cannot remember where I read the info -- that's
why I cannot find it.

If you want to get these resaults on a machine where you don't the root
access, you can in theory use 'xmodmap'. However, I have experianced some
problems with that approach at my university (sometimes Ctrl became Ctrl Lock
:)).

--
Sergej Malinovski [http://dreamer.nitro.dk]