List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: lowering the tab widget...
From:       Dirk Groeneveld <dirk.groeneveld () gmx ! de>
Date:       2001-03-07 17:33:47

Hi!

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Rob Kaper wrote:
> Nonetheless, I can see why non-3D would be neat. I guess some people like 3D
> as eye candy, but plain 2D can look quite slick as well.

Damn right ;-) I am a big fan of 2d looks, they can be simply awsome, they
save space on the desktop they are not distracting.

I personally enjoy the flat buttons of windows, the ones that get elevated
if you move in them with the pointer. The elevation is just 1 pixel, which
i think looks great.
Konquerors buttons are elevated by 2 pixels and look like the old win 3.1
buttons. At the same time, the taskbar's 3d effect is just one pixel,
which is great. I never understood that difference.

Dirk