List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Kmail's 16x16 icons.
From:       Sean Pecor <sean () digitalspinner ! com>
Date:       2001-03-07 17:00:34

On Wednesday 07 March 2001 11:32, Navindra Umanee wrote:
>> Sean Pecor <sean@digitalspinner.com> wrote:
>> http://extranet.digitalspinner.com/kmail.png
>
> Interesting panel.  I wonder if the average user has *any clue* you
> can do this kind of stuff with Kicker.

I don't think so. I think Kicker is great. Now that it's architecture is
stable, I think support for kicker styles would be a great thing. These
styles can be a predefined set of kickerrc files that set up the kicker
panel(s) for a variety of tastes.

I set up my tiny top kicker panel so I could have one-click access to the
apps I use throughout the day. This way I avoid dropping shortcuts to these
apps on my desktop (read: clutter), and I avoid having to deal with the kde
menu tree which is monstrous on my machine (read: tucows junkie).

One thing I did recently was to make my desktop entirely document centric,
and then made the icons big (48x48?). This is a much nicer and friendlier
desktop for me. Plus the icons look fantastic in this mode (great job
folks!).

Sean.