List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: DialogBoxes (was: Cookie window popup)
From:       dhennig () altavista ! de
Date:       2000-09-12 5:26:57

on Sun, 10 September 2000, "Steven D'Aprano" wrote:

> Are you talking about moving the mouse position? This is a bad thing,
> with a capital B. The mouse moves under the user's control, always, no
> ifs buts or maybes.
Agree.

> In my opinion, the only reason many users work in full-screen mode is
> because MS Office apps default to full-screen mode, and they don't know
> how to get out of it. So they think that's the only way the programs
> work.
I don't want to generalise why most of the users do full-screen.
For me the reason is display size, coupled with screen resolution. If you only have \
800x600, you simply need the space for your main window. If I have 1024x768 then on a \
15inch display I use full-screen, but on a 17, it depends on the application. If the \
resolution an the disply become even bigger, than I use full-screen very seldom.

Dirk