List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: DialogBoxes (was: Cookie window popup)
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () mikka ! net ! au>
Date:       2000-09-13 1:13:24

Alexander Kellett wrote:

> Rather than the difficult/impossible option of translucency wouldn't
> disabling the buttons be a quick and obvious fix? i can't think of any other
> cheaper feedback methods ;)

Yes! So long as the buttons are *visually* disabled and not just made
inactive.

Obviously I don't have any insider information on the mental processes
of the Microsoft UI designers, but it seems to me that after deciding on
the "everything is grey" colour scheme for their UI widgets, they were
left with no way of visually marking buttons as disabled, so they just
didn't bother.

--
Steven D'Aprano