List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: DialogBoxes (was: Cookie window popup)
From:       dhennig () altavista ! de
Date:       2000-09-12 5:21:45

on Sun, 10 September 2000, "Steven D'Aprano" wrote:

> Modal dialogs and modeless dialogs *should* look different.
Agree!!!

> As things stand now, KDE modal dialogs look exactly like KDE document
> windows (except for the content :-). The user has to use trial and error
> and rote memorization to determine which dialogs are modal and which are
> not.
That can't be the intuitive gui we are trying to rise with KDE!

> to take > an example from KEdit - why should the Goto Line dialog be modal?
He really should not be modal. It might be very helpful to have that dialog displayed \
all the time, so you can just click it an enter a new goto line-number. This is what \
I meant with dialogs of the normal workflow, which should not be modal.

Dirk