List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       Magnus Ihse <d95-mih () nada ! kth ! se>
Date:       2000-07-05 10:30:40

On Tue, 4 Jul 2000, Peter Putzer wrote:

> > Labels take rich text, so you can just <em>markup</em> what needs it.
>
> Sure, italic/bold/red/blinking text is VERY readable... *ahem*

Bold text is usually more readable than plain, on a computer
screen. Depending on typeface, of course.

> > Much better for i18n too !
>
> How so? A message to translate is a message to translate...

Because it is AFAIK only English which use the "title" style as an
alternative to normal sentence style. At least, I've never seen it in
any of the european languages I know (about). Which actually makes
this debate more of a question of the "english translation team",
than a proper UI question.

/Magnus