List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       Thomas <zander () xs4all ! nl>
Date:       2000-07-04 15:22:33

I am still waiting for an argument why Book Title Caps should be used
at all.

My initial argument was/is that KDE at the moment only uses sentence style
caps, which seems fine to me.

So if we create a standard, and a lot of applications should be changed
I think we need VERY good arguments to force authors to change their software.
Because this needs quite a bit of work!

So:
- why make it hard on the application writer who has to learn a whole new style
- do the arguments you have for the last question still hold today
- what lessons can we learn from the fact that there is very little software out
  there that does Book Style and Sentence style caps correctly.

Awaiting answers.