List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: RFC: StyleGuide for Labels? (fwd)
From:       "Steven D'Aprano" <dippy () mikka ! net ! au>
Date:       2000-07-04 15:34:16

Peter Putzer wrote:

> Besides, please cut the polemic next time, I know full well that "Style A"
> is not suitable for long texts, and I never advocated it as such. Thank
> you very much.

I was making the point that Style A is difficult to read. I realise
I'm not a member of the self-appointed committee that came up with the
rules of the Chicago Style Manual, but I know what I like, and Style A
isn't it. Capitals should be used only where gramatically required,
and arguably for emphasis (although its difficult to imagine a case
where you need to emphasise a label), and not just to follow some
rules just because they are in a manual.

--
Steven D'Aprano