Peter Putzer wrote: > > Besides, please cut the polemic next time, I know full well that "Style A" > is not suitable for long texts, and I never advocated it as such. Thank > you very much. I was making the point that Style A is difficult to read. I realise I'm not a member of the self-appointed committee that came up with the rules of the Chicago Style Manual, but I know what I like, and Style A isn't it. Capitals should be used only where gramatically required, and arguably for emphasis (although its difficult to imagine a case where you need to emphasise a label), and not just to follow some rules just because they are in a manual. -- Steven D'Aprano