List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: Mac menubar as default
From:       CP <de_cp () linuxstart ! com>
Date:       2000-04-27 7:03:45

Torsten Rahn <torsten@kde.org> wrote:

> An incredible huge reason for KDEs SUCCESS in the past has been that
> it looks and works like Windows. Competing projects which have
> focussed on "being different for the only reason of being different"
> have been dismissed as "developers dreams" (And this is certainly not
> because of using a language like C).

So dp you think, G.N.O.M.E. is not succesful? IMHO, it's just at the point to \
overtake us :-( There are more developers involved in more _different_ projects, and \
it's not becouse of an IDE itself, that people may choose Linux - it's a question of \
the applications; and please don't tell me, that GNOME apps also run in a KDE \
environement, I know: but for those loosers, who need a windows-like-working \
environement to be happy, they are a kind of "real-life horror movie"...

Hi! I'm a virus. Please add me to your signature
to help me spread!