List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: PROPOSAL: "Mac" menubar as default
From:       Sven Niedner <niedner () theo-physik ! uni-kiel ! de>
Date:       2000-04-27 7:37:07

Federico Cozzi wrote:
> I am against MacOS menubar: I saw tens of Windows users trying out an iMac
> at the university, and nobody was able to FIND the menubar. The tipical
> behaviour: a user double clicks on the Internet Explorer desktop icon; he
> surfs the web; he closes the window. Then another user arrives; he double
> clicks on the Internet Explorer icon, and nothing happens. He then says:
> "This iMac doesn't work".

This is a different problem: It is "the application still runs,
although it doesn't display any windows."

Nevertheless, having the MacOS menubar as a default leads to
inconsitencies when using non-KDE apps. So I doubt if it is a
good idea to make it the default (although I like the idea and
agree with the points).

Greetings,

Sven

--
Sven Niedner, Institut für Experimentelle und Angewandte Physik
Physics of Toroidal Plasmas,