List:       kde-look
Subject:    Usability and open source
From:       "Ben Last" <ben () last ! uk ! com>
Date:       2000-01-30 8:54:36

Hello, KDE Look people.
I'm Ben Last, a senior consultant technologist (but that's not important).
I'm also a KDE user and am trying to find a way to get involved in KDE
development.  Though I'm a hacker by trade, I don't have the space to get
involved in deep coding at the moment (before you flame me, it's mostly
because I'm involved in a heavy research project run by my employer that
will very probably go open-source later this year).  However, I do have a
couple of other areas of expertise; usabillity and HCI (and interface design
in general).
So - this is a *genuine* request for your input, folks; is there a way in
which an HCI bod can get involved via this list (plus CVS, plus whatever) in
enhancing the usability of KDE?  Ideally I'd like my preferred *nix desktop
to approach the Mac in terms of usability (let's ignore Apple's recent
fallings-from-grace in that area) as fast as possible.
Ben Last