List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: LONG: File-menu
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () suse ! de>
Date:       1999-11-17 9:35:51

On Tue, 16 Nov 1999, zander@microweb.nl wrote:

> In both I and II you state that quit handles only this application. This is
> not handy!
>
> If I open a lot of documents, I want to be able to close them all with one
> command.

We can provide that but not by means of Quit. Applications who would
like to support that can have a "Windows" menu where they list all open
documents/applications and provide an option "Close all Windows".

> Imagine I start netscape, this application can have dozens of browser windows.
> I want to quit netscape. That means (to me atleast) that I want to close
> all the browser windows. Selecting quit closes all my netscapes.
>
> In your solution I have to click each and everyone of the browser windows I had
> open. Not nice!!

Get over it. You also had to click so many times to get them on the
screen in the first place.

Cheers,
Waldo