List:       kde-look
Subject:    RE: Full screen?
From:       "Hummel, Timo" <timo.hummel () sap ! com>
Date:       1999-09-24 10:44:36

>You'll have to decide who are you making KDE for:
>* Total begginers
>* Expirienced users

I don't think so. If KDE provides an environment for beginners (with
beginners
I refer to "normal" users, such as windows users). These beginners could be
working in a secretary, without any knowledge about filesystems and such.
Professionals expect more from KDE, like shortcuts, configuring the system
without command line tools etc. You cannot divide people into two or three
groups. Everybody has his/her taste. For example, if I say: "I want to
configure
my computer devices with a graphical tool, but I want to create users from
the command line" you can't divide me in the category "beginner" or
"professional".
KDE should provide the option to hide "pro" features. A little checkbox
"Switch
to advanced mode" would be sufficent.

Timo