List:       kde-look
Subject:    Windows/Quit/Close - UPDATE ONLINE
From:       Peter Penz <peter.penz () jk ! uni-linz ! ac ! at>
Date:       1999-09-24 0:52:06

I'm very proud to announce, that I think I've found a solution for the
windows/Quit/Close-thread which will be supported by 95 % of all people
on this list (I hope ;-).

For me personally the update is compromise. I still think imitating a
MDI with SDI is very bad. But we can't force developers to avoid the
imitation...

Now I did following: I explained the difference between MDI and SDI on
http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/basics/windows.html

There is said (with reasons), that it's preferred to use pure SDI. But
if somebody thinks he wants to imitate a MDI, guidelines are given to
avoid bad imitations. So I think everybody is happy now: there's the
CLOSE explained in the site and also the QUIT!
Look at http://www.esh.uni-linz.ac.at/~mother/hci/menus/file.html

I hope this proofs, that we respect all your comments and don't want to
force you to do something you don't want to. We all have the same goal:
to improve the KDE.

Suggestions welcome, but before replying: please read carefully the two
pages and really try to understand the difference between MDI and SDI.

Thanks!

Peter