List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Full screen?
From:       Marko Rosic <roske () mainstream ! co ! yu>
Date:       1999-09-23 22:13:22

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> Good for you. Use that other WM. KDE is KDE, not Enlightenment. KDE is
> designed to please most of the users all of the time, not all of the
> users some of the time. You are free to use another WM with KDE if you
> want. You are not restricted by KDE to do your own thing, you are only
> given sensible defaults, such as not being able to set windows to stay
> on top, since most users don't want/use that.

I don't whant to use another WM, you should agree that you can't search
for apropriate WM, the rest of your life...
I like KDE, about 80%, but there are some features that KDE doesn't have!
I see no reason why shouldn't???

> Please don't say that English + American people are stupid. Whether it's
> true or not it's pretty childish to say so.

That's not what I said, personaly I don't have anythyng against anybody
that I don't know...
I was giving an example, if people in my country can understand apps in
english, I don't see why wouldn't English or Americans?

> > My point is, please don't underestimate inteligence of an average user.
>
> We don't. We are trying to provide a system for users who can think
> for themselves, but also not alienate those users who, for example, have
> never used a computer before, and don't understand the concepts.

Very few people with NO expirience will start using computer with Linux on
it...
Linux is NOT OS for Desktop computers, it is not an easy for begginers OS.
So you can't fix it with idiot proof WM!
On the other hand, you have an expitienced users who whant more options,
more configurable desktop, to get the most of X...

> I didn't say full screen windows were too complicated or couldn't be
> done. I said they are bad. They are bad because users expect windows
> to have borders, and to be able to get to their panel and taskbar to
> switch apps. Which part don't you understand, in your infinite
> non-English/American wisdom ?

What users... some does, some don't, you can't judge by your own
standards...
btw. I almost never use the pager buttons on the panel, and I would like
to turn them off, I always use keyboard shortcuts for switching between
apps, an Workspaces.
So there is my "non-English/American" answer to your question.

Please I don't whan't to argue about nationalities... Didn't meen to
insult anybody.

Roske