List:       kde-look
Subject:    Re: Full screen?
From:       "K. Wojas" <wojas () vvtp ! tn ! tudelft ! nl>
Date:       1999-09-23 20:09:06

On Thu, 23 Sep 1999, Rik Hemsley wrote:
> You are not restricted by KDE to do your own thing, you are only given
> sensible defaults, such as not being able to set windows to stay on
> top, since most users don't want/use that.

I've been using KDE for almost 2 years now. I like it very much, but I've
really missed a stay-on-top feature and I think that a lot of other people
would like to have it. If this option would be in the popup menu you get
when you click on the title bar it wouldn't confuse any user.

Most users don't use the 'Menubar on top of the screen in the style of
MacOS' and I think that it was more difficult to implement this feature
than it would be to implement the 'stay on top' thing.

K. Wojas
E-mail:   wojas@vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl
Homepage: http://vvtp.tn.tudelft.nl/~wojas
OS:       Mandrake 6.1 Linux, kernel 2.2.13-7
Country:  Netherlands